Affiliate Business TipsLeave the first response June 7, 2011 / Posted in Internet Marketing
The importance of preselling
If you want to make more money as an affiliate, you must presell.
First, what is preselling? There are two components to it – art & science. And it’s function is to prepare your reader to buy something. Then you send them to the site that sells what you’ve prepared them for. If you do it well, it’s completely invisible.
In a nutshell, you provide value. And then refer them to the product website. We’ll get into how to do it correctly in a minute. Before we get into that, you should understand what’s in it for you. Here are a few benefits of preselling:
- It helps your reader trust you – Once you have your readers’ trust, they will click your links more readily. Which obviously means you’ll make more sales.
- It disarms your reader – When you’re preselling vs. pitching, you’re reader doesn’t feel the need to be guarded. Unguarded reading means they’re not filtering what you say. And your intention is conveyed more easily.
- It creates buying readiness – Now they trust you and feel open to your message. Being open means, they are open to everything you give them. Like the info on product sales page you’ve linked to. And being open to the information there means they are much more likely to buy.
- You make more money – Now your reader arrives at the sales page in a buying mood. With a feeling of trust and openness. This dramatically boosts your sales rate!
- Your customers are happier – People like to make their own buying decisions. Instead of being manipulated into buying. And this makes them feel better about the product they purchased.
- It boosts your profits – A satisfied customer doesn’t ask for a refund. Less refunds means more affiliate money stays in your pocket.
Clearly preselling makes sense. You increase your profits. And increase your customer satisfaction. That’s a clear win-win.
OK, so how do you do it?
OK, now you understand why it’s so important. And hopefully you’re convinced you need to start doing it. You’re ready to learn how to do it properly. As I mentioned earlier, it’s both an art and a science.
Becoming an artist
The first step is in getting your readers to trust you and open up. This can only be accomplished by providing actual value in the information you’re presenting. The art of this is to provide enough information to be of value, but not enough to satiate the hunger. The idea is that they want more and the sales page you send them to gives them more. Plus they’re not guarded, so they’re more open and likely to purchase the product.
Part 2 – the Science
You also have to include some very specific things.
The first is how you present the information. You’ve got to map out your strategy before you start writing. In the end, you want to sell a specific product. You use the information to do this in one of two ways. One way is to give them enough info to whet the appetite, but not enough to satisfy it. The other method is to explain all the details and expose how difficult it is to do what you’re explaining. Whichever method, you send them to a product website that solves the problem you just created.
You also have to link to the product you’re promoting discretely. Instead you link directly to the product sales page. This increases your clicks. But how are you going to get credit for the sale, if you don’t include your affiliate link? This is all part of the science of preselling. You use the “covert cookie” strategy.
You also want to link to the sales page from inside your article’s content. It’s habitual to click on words and phrases that are hyperlinked. Plus, if you link on relevant words, it only makes sense to click on there.
Putting all of this together creates a powerful affiliate marketing formula for success.
This process is not easy – at all! Let’s talk about everything required to put this plan into action: Awesome content. First and foremost, you have to be able to write a great article that provides valuable information. Which means you need to be both knowledgable on the subject and capable of writing a high-quality article. Preselling skills. Yes, you must providing useful content. And you have to make the content accessible in order to provide value. While at the same time making them want more. Or provide so much information that they see how hard it will be to implement.
Product selection. After that you have to figure out which products you want to promote. Even if you can pull off writing and great article. Your efforts are completely wasted if you don’t pick a winning product.
Technical skills. One of the keys to this system is using “covert cookies” for the tracking. This is actually pretty simple – just embed a 1 pixel X 1 pixel image and set your affiliate link as the “source” of the image. (But if you do it wrong, you won’t get paid for the traffic you send.)
Now you’re armed with the information needed to effectively presell. Using these techniques will increase your affiliate sales by 500% or more! The important thing is to use these techniques for everything you promote as an affiliate. Don’t wait another minute. Put in the effort to reap the greater rewards.
- Can You Spare Fifteen Minutes To Get Some Money Using Project Payday?
- Learn How WordPress SEO Can Drive the Targeted Visitors You Want To Your Site.
- Using Social Bookmarking to Generate Site Traffic
- The Best Way To Generate Profits On World Wide Web
- Writing Blog Posts Is Time Consuming So Automate It